Welcome to the HSA website for South Salem
Elementary School. Learn more about our many programs that enrich our
children’s school experience, be a member, and join the many volunteers
who make our programs possible. Our mission is to work together to help
our stars shine at Salem School.
Get involved...be connected.
Si tiene alguna pregunta en español por favor llame a
Adriana Garcia (917) 620 7888
Port Washington School District -
Capital Project Bond Referendum vote
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
6 a.m.-10 p.m.
Weber Middle School
To learn more about the Bond click on the flyers and letters below:
Please join our Facebook group, like the page and follow us on Twitter.
Want to learn all the facts about the SCHOOL BOND UP FOR A VOTE ON MARCH 10?
PARENTS' COUNCIL MEETING
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24th
10:30 AM at the PORT WASHINGTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Dr. Kathleen Mooney, Superintendent of Schools, Mary Callahan, Assistant Superintendent of Business and Karen Sloan, President of the Board of Education, will discuss how the capital project bond will modernize and renovate Port Washington's schools for 21st century learning. Please come to hear what the bond initiative will mean for your children and the Port Washington schools. See the district's bond video!
PORT WASHINGTON SCHOOL DISTRICT BOND FAIR
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24
6:30-8:00 PM at SCHREIBER HIGH SCHOOL
The Board of Education will present the proposed projects along with the financial facts. You will have an opportunity to have your questions answered! The school district is at a crossroads and one of only a few on Long Island showing an upward trend in enrollment. The district's facilities are aging and were never designed to support the needs of today's students, the more rigorous and competitive curriculum, future enrollment projections and the Board of Education and administration's educational vision for the future.
THE BOND VOTE IS ON TUESDAY, MARCH 10th AT WEBER MIDDLE SCHOOL FROM 6:00 AM-10:00 PM
HSA EXECUTIVE BOARD NOMINATING COMMITTEE:
- We have positions for every type of volunteer on our HSA Board for next year! Available positions include Treasurer, Class Parent VP, Fifth Grade Rep, Secretary and Co-President. Position descriptions and application forms are located on our website. Please consider donating your time and talents to our HSA Board! Forms are due Friday, March 13th.
- We also need some parents to participate and be on the Nominating Committee, which helps establish the Salem HSA Executive Board Slate for the 2015-16 school year. This is a very short commitment of your time. The slate will be presented to the Salem community at the April 2015 HSA meeting.
*Please note that if you are interested in being nominated for a position on the Salem HSA Executive Board you may not serve on the Nominating Committee.
- If you are interested in learning more about the HSA Board and/or Nominating Committee, please contact Nancy Labella (883-6577 or email@example.com).
Download HSA Board Position Descriptions & Application Form
The next order will be delivered MONDAY, March 9th from 2:30-3:30 PM. The deadline to get your order in is midnight on THURSDAY, March 5th.
Proceeds go directly to our HSA!!
Here's a Promo Code to help you start the year off right:
* All existing members get 10% off their first 2015 order with code "ResolutionThyme"
* New members get 40% off their first order with code "Farmigo40"
Questions? Please contact Melissa Halpern (917-991-1442 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
SALEM SOCIAL PLANNING MEETING
TUESDAY, MARCH 3rd at 11:00 AM
The first official meeting to start planning the Salem Social is on Tuesday, March 3rd at 11AM at the home of Tara Baltic---17 Birchdale Lane. All of encouraged and welcome to attend! We hope that we see many faces!
FRIDAY, MARCH 13TH AT 9:30 AM IN THE SALEM CAFETERIA
March is Nutrition Month and the HSA will be having a wonderful guest speaker at this meeting. Sheryl Hendler, Port Washington School District's Food Service Directior will discuss New York State nutritional guidlines and address questions and issues raised. This will be a wonderful opportunity to learn more about our food service department. We will also talk about fun, upcoming HSA events, joining the HSA board and more!
AGATE & SEPTA News
SEPTA: PORT SEPTA presents CREATIVE READERS for K-2nd and 3rd-5th graders
February 28, 2015 to March 28, 2015. Sessions Creative Readers is an inclusive, multi sensory literary enrichment program that will use drama, crafts, art, movement and music to get kids hooked on reading. See attached flyer for details. Contact Ann Marie Fitzpatrick at email@example.com for an application. Space is limited to 12 participants per group.